Saturday, October 2, 2010

Volunteer at McKellar Park Fall Festival

Never being asked to be a photographer as a volunteer before, McKellar Park fall festival was my first experience. Nominated by fellow colleagues, not knowing what the festival was about, I brought the Nikon 24-70 (for group shot) and 70-200 (for portraits) with me on the way. 

The weather wasn't idea for a community gathering. Actually, the weather was pretty bad, rainy and very cold. I arrived at 11:00am Sunday morning, the activity has already started. There were a performing stage under a tent, a beverage and food dispensing centre, face painting, bloom arts, video games, carriage ride, fire trucks (with real fire fighters), maze and those bloom like facility where kids can jump as hard as they and won't get hurt. (I always wanted to try that. I never had such things when I was young and now I am too old...)




The above was one of the performers in the tent. While I was wandering around to catch moments, I was always listening to her singing, very sweet voice.




Face painting was always with long line up from the beginning. In addition to having a vivid face, the process itself was quite enjoyable... At least I think so.




As it was quite chilly in the morning, the coffee lady was very busy. Volunteers have their own privileges, i.e. tickets for lunch. I am not a coffee person, but this was the only way to warm me up. I used 2 tickets for coffee and the rest 3 for a slice of Pizza. 

  
Those lovely girls are Emma Scott's daughters. Emma was one of my clients at work. She invited me to be the volunteer. I was told the event had collected about $2500 and it's enough to keep this community event going. I am happy to hear that and I am happy to be a party of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment