Sunday, May 15, 2011

3rd Annual Ottawa Chinese Dancing Show

This year I had the pleasure to become one of the volunteers involved in 3rd Annual Ottawa Chinese Dancing Show. My job, of course, was the photographer. The show was hosted at the hockey ring in John G. Miacak Centre (Beaverbrook library). To my surprised, ton of people showed up, the whole stadium was packed with dancers from all over Ottawa areas and audiences. I believe many of them were families to support their members. 

The showed start at 7:00pm on Saturday night. I arrived about 6:45pm sort of in a hurry ( I was putting the last coat of Varnish on the floor before I left the house...) Therefore, I didn't get a good spot but it was ok to have an interesting perspective and with 45 degree towards the center stage, the pictures actually had more depth of field.

Luckily, all photographers were invited inside of the ring but all audience were outside of the plastic fence. Several of photographers looked more serious than others. You can tell from the equipment they brought.(see the following picture)


The show lasted about 2 hours with different age groups and genders, mostly dancers above 30 and females which you could figure this is more of a family event. Bo started to attend several dancing groups 1 year ago. Now she spends 3 nights a week to practice leaving me along at home :-( Anyway, please enjoy the following pictures from the show.




















Bo with her dancing instructor, Huixiang Cai; and the whole gang.



At the end, I went home with the most beautiful girl in the show :-) Just to clarify, she is the 2nd from the left in the following picture ...



Finally, someone took a shoot at me during the show while I had no idea. You can easily tell from the following picture that I was exhausted from all the renovation work and took any opportunities for rest. 


The End. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment