Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Starting to get together

After almost 4 months of renovation, things start to get together. The first areas that have been completed are living and dinning rooms. The existing hardwood floor and carpet was replaced by Macadamia maple hardwood floor purchased from Homedepot. The "default" baseboard was replaced by 5 and 1/2" high 3/4" thick pine baseboard with shoe mouldings. I also painted 5 layers of varnish on top of the hardwood floor... just don't ask why so many layers... 




To be Continue...

Today is another busy day. Early morning, I started to varnish the hall way. As usual, the first step was vacuuming and cleaning, then mask taping the connecting areas.  Hall way is a tricky place, many corners with a curved stair case. The way I pull and push the applicator was very awkward... Because our stair lands onto the hall way, so when the varnish was still wet, Bo and I had to jump from the last step to the living room. Although it was fund, we were glad it was NOT a long distance, otherwise, we would be stuck in either first or second floor until the paint dries. Now I will wait until tomorrow for the second coat.

In the afternoon, I cut down another tree in the backyard. I felt like one of those bads guys in "The lord of the ring" when I was cutting the tree. After all, it takes years to grow a tree but minutes to cut it down. When the tree was down, I didn't feel too excited.

The next task was to clean the yard, back and front. Bo finally came to help me. Leaves, broken branches, weeds... the whole package. When the job was done, we collected 4 bags of stuff.

And the last job was to fertilize with one of those Scott brand spreaders.

What a busy day I had...


While more and more leaves grow, I can hardly see Kanata Lakes golf course anymore.

Thanks for reading. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment