Friday, August 20, 2010

Jerry, a Hard Working Feller

Summer is close to an end. Jerry becomes busier and busier. Like most of the Canadian families, Jerry is the one who brings home the food, takes care of the young and keeps eyes on everything in the family so that the kids won't go hungry, the house won't leak and there is a Christmas every year.

Jerry comes to my place all the time, takes whatever he can find, usually the food, but never greets or makes an appointment. Most of the time, he comes when Bo and I  are not in the yard. Sometime, he doesn't even care. Take a peek at us, then do whatever he wants to do. Only when we start to notice his existence and pay much attention to him, he stops and keeps an eye on us from time to time.

Jerry doesn't have good eyesight but very sensitive to the movement. I am not sure if he has a good sense of smell either, because sometime he couldn't distinguish the sunflower seed from my big toe. One time, he almost bit me.

As odd as he is, Jerry is a good provider, does what he is supposed to do everyday, never complained or took any sick leaves. Sunny or raining, day or evening. People were asking  why he works so hard. I was one of them. Then one day, I saw him with his kids, running around playfully, cuddling and scratching each other. Suddenly, I realized this is all it is about, the FAMILY.

Who is this Jerry ? How does he look like ? Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce, Jerry, a hard working feller.




Thanks for reading. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment