Monday, August 2, 2010

Mosaika, Ottawa's Sound & Light Show

There is a tradition on Ottawa's Parliament Hill every year from June to October. It's called Sound and Light show. The first time I watched the show was about 4-5 years ago when Bo and I accompanied our parents visiting Ottawa. 2 days ago, I overheard they redid the show and it was brand new content, called Mosaika. "Mosaika is the story of Canada – our story. A powerful narrative set against the spectacular backdrop of Parliament Hill, Mosaika takes the audience on an unforgettable journey of sound and light, as we explore Canada’s physical, historical and cultural landscapes." Why not, enjoying a cool evening with a free show!

I don't have much gear like pros do, but I have 4 essential lenses that can cover most of the situation, 16-35(landscape), 24-70(party), 70-200(landscape, portrait and street) and 85(portrait). I picked 16-35 and 70-200 for the event knowing I would be sitting relatively close to the center block building and there would be chances for street shots. I also brought the Manfrotto 190CX3 tripod for long exposures.
 
1. People came early to enjoying downtown Ottawa, especially the entertainment on Spark street, filled with music and performance.

A young couple were checking out the sunset shots they just did.
 

The Tin Man version of Elvis Presley.


2. People are gathering together for the show to start at 9:30pm.




3. It turned out it was a spectacular show/program. I enjoyed quite much and it was fun for most people (not little kids though).



The end of the show.



Thanks for reading.  For more pictures, visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/haofeng/.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment