Monday, August 2, 2010

Model Shoot Today at Gatineau Park, QC

Today is the last day of the long Civic weekend. Since I take every Friday off, this is an extra long weekend for me. We hosted a party on Saturday and went out for Sound & Light show on Sunday and now it is the last day. That reminds me a line from a movie called "Kate & Leopold", played by Meg Ryan. She said "Sunday is polluted". It was absolutely right...

Cloudy today, warm and humid, not good for most of the outdoor activities, we decided to take a walk in Gatineau Park, QC, one of our favorite places in Ottawa valley. And cloudy is good for portrait, I packed the 70-200 VR with me.I didn't bother bringing my silver reflector as no one would hold it for me.

Bo didn't want to climb, so we went to Mackenzie King Estate. There were several young couples in the estate, like us, taking our time and strolling around the tea/coffee house, garden and ruins, quite relaxing... We stopped at the ruins, it was a great place for portrait because of its architectural details. Many photographers choose this place for wedding shoot out as well. Again, Bo was the model, the only model available to me and the only one that I can afford (or do I ? :-)






I have used the very same model many times before, such as the following occasions.





Or even as the foreground for my landscape photos... Note: Bo might still think she was the subject :-)



Thanks for reading. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment